Monday, March 26, 2012

Alternatives to Paper Week

Clay seems to be a bit of an unpopular material still. I feel it may be because their work has never been fired yet. Hopefully the pieces I sent to the kiln at secondary school will return soon to give the children more understanding of the potential of clay. I also feel that perhaps in 'clean' Hong Kong, touching such a 'dirty' substance is difficult for some.

 The wire is starting to catch on. I predict the wire will become a popular material this week. The beads helped draw their attention to the wire. It has moved from simple necklaces to something more imaginative...dinosaurs etc.
A camera! This is the front of the box. Incredible!. Will blog more about this piece in part 2 of the story project, coming soon.

This child has a real passion for colours.

Adding lots and lots of water, until it drips all over the floor!


Children bring in flowers each week. It is recorded by the family in a 'diary'. The bottom left pot contains todays flowers. They are made from wire, pipe cleaners, felt. I had to do a lot of demonstration as some children were feeling a bit lost with no paper around. I only spent a 10 minute period with them so I am looking forward to see what can emerge tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment